• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New BaoFeng GT-3 Mark II with 23CM High Gain Antenna

The radio is nothing but the uv-5r in a different package so you are paying a lot for just an antenna. Google the 3.79 antenna and buy that one, I did and it works great.

The gt3 has had some hardware changes ...it's not just a 5 in a different box ..receive is better and doesn't fade as quick as the uv5r .

I own the uv5r ..gt3..And the uv82x .

The gt3 is the best receive out of the 3 .

None are as good as my yaesu ft60r but it's 3 times the price '150$' hro.

Although the simple case on the gt3 small improvement ..feels better to Carry and the speaker is open for a better sound .

If your long winded like myself ..The gt3 also takes longer to get hot then the uv5r.

So it is a "little" better then the uv5r ..is it worth the extra price..depends on your personal preference.

I got a two pack for 70$ delivered so cost 35$ a piece for me "amazon"..but several adds show 59$ ..

Hunt around as several 38$ ones are readily available.

Reactions: pro151
And just to keep things in perspective, any antenna that normally comes with an HT is far from being a 'gain' antenna except for the advertising. A typical, less than 19" 2 meter antenna is at best a 1/4 wave, which has a negative-gain, less than '1'. Until you reach something closer to a 1/2 wave, about 3 feet long, an antenna on 2 meters will have a negative gain, not even unity. If it's longer than a 1/2 wave then it may have some -slight- gain. That's just a fact, you can't changing it by claiming more gain. Unless you're in advertising of course...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.