• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Cobra 148GTL China???

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Jerry,

I have the clarifier mod for the new 148GTL-B if this is the radio you're referring to.

Remove D7

Follow hot side clarifier wire ( the end with 8VDC,RX-only on it) into main circuit bord. Connect instead to constant DC source at Emitter of Q8 main voltage regulator.

Slide range increased by adding 5.6uH series inductance in (+) end of varactor D5

Hope this helps.

sonwatchersig.gif

CDX_3.gif

God bless you all !

CDX-897

OT-897

WV-897

CM-2368

American Kangaroo-1897</p>

Jerry,

I have the clarifier mod for the new 148GTL-B if this is the radio you're referring to.

Remove D7

Follow hot side clarifier wire ( the end with 8VDC,RX-only on it) into main circuit bord. Connect instead to constant DC source at Emitter of Q8 main voltage regulator.

Slide range increased by adding 5.6uH series inductance in (+) end of varactor D5

Hope this helps.

sonwatchersig.gif

CDX_3.gif

God bless you all !

CDX-897

OT-897

WV-897

CM-2368

American Kangaroo-1897</p>

Does anyone have a clarifier mod for this new radio. I picked one up recently. Or the location for the tx ssb adjustments so I can get this thing on frequency.

None of the sites I have show any of this. L22 is still for lsb receive but doesn't affect the tx.

Thanks

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Does anyone have a clarifier mod for this new radio. I picked one up recently. Or the location for the tx ssb adjustments so I can get this thing on frequency.

None of the sites I have show any of this. L22 is still for lsb receive but doesn't affect the tx.

Thanks

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Well, this one is the newest one Cobra made to be (supposed to be) just like the old version. I don't think it's the b version or at least it doesn't have that on the back in the model number. I went ahead and tried the mod found on Defpom site and it's working. Only thing is it's tought to use the Voicelock or Clarifier knob since it's not fine enough on the tuning.

I'll try the part you mentioned to try to increase the range and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

Well, this one is the newest one Cobra made to be (supposed to be) just like the old version. I don't think it's the b version or at least it doesn't have that on the back in the model number. I went ahead and tried the mod found on Defpom site and it's working. Only thing is it's tought to use the Voicelock or Clarifier knob since it's not fine enough on the tuning.

I'll try the part you mentioned to try to increase the range and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help.

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

This radio is not the origional, they failed once again to use the origional MB3756 voltage switch / regulator, and used a 7809 instead again, just like the maxon productions of this radio. This one must be modified quite a bit for it to be stable.

www.fgbestcommunications.com/

</p>

This radio is not the origional, they failed once again to use the origional MB3756 voltage switch / regulator, and used a 7809 instead again, just like the maxon productions of this radio. This one must be modified quite a bit for it to be stable.

www.fgbestcommunications.com/

</p>

Justin,

Do you guys change the voltage switch/regulator to a MB3756?

</p>

Justin,

Do you guys change the voltage switch/regulator to a MB3756?

</p>

No, but we have several changes to stabilize the voltage to the PLL/VCO, and other sections using the regulator that is there, and changing some small 1/8 watt resistors. For instance, there is one to the left of the PLL that always goes bad, it's a 10 ohm, and opens up to 100 or more, and the radio will still operate, look for it if you have this radio chances are it's already on it's way out.

</p>

No, but we have several changes to stabilize the voltage to the PLL/VCO, and other sections using the regulator that is there, and changing some small 1/8 watt resistors. For instance, there is one to the left of the PLL that always goes bad, it's a 10 ohm, and opens up to 100 or more, and the radio will still operate, look for it if you have this radio chances are it's already on it's way out.

</p>

I hadn't visited this one in awhile.

Thanks Justin, I just shelved the thing. I may just use it as

a am radio sometime later. Is there any good am mods for it to make it talk?

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

I hadn't visited this one in awhile.

Thanks Justin, I just shelved the thing. I may just use it as

a am radio sometime later. Is there any good am mods for it to make it talk?

Jerry

CDX-350

2AK3350

RL39</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.