• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Connex Radios

BigT

Apr 29, 2006
Chicago
Does anyone know if the newer Connex radios all have the same echo board (see prior post regarding the Connex 4300-300). I was under the impression that only the 4300-300 had the new echo board (inferior?).

I have a newer 3300 HP. I would like to know if it has the same echo board as the old 3300HP/General Lee radios or not.

Thanks.................

AA1QD said:
If it has blue lights it has the later echo version

Thanks. I suspected so since I cannot seem to get that "classic" Connex sound. I may have to make some adjustments or consider changing out the echo board.

For some reason connex took two steps forward and three back. They made the radio look better, and more functional by putting mic jack on the side, then gave it a crappy sounding echo. I have had good luck swapping out the factory board with a Opek L2TD or RF limited TRB1, either one will make the radio sound sweet.

AA1QD said:
For some reason connex took two steps forward and three back. They made the radio look better, and more functional by putting mic jack on the side, then gave it a crappy sounding echo. I have had good luck swapping out the factory board with a Opek L2TD or RF limited TRB1, either one will make the radio sound sweet.

I think I will give it a try. The radio is very loud and I do like it overall however, I know I can do better than what I am getting out of that echo board.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.