• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Elecraft HF rig!

I saw a post earlier that was closer to $5000 US Dollars with an Optional tuner & it's NOT even the D Model? Not interested in any touch Screen radios no matter who made them. Bar graph S Meters also? YUK what were they thinking?

SIX-SHOOTER
I agree on touch screens but it's being forced on us with newer electronics from smart phones to radios.

True analog meters are a thing of the past. The new ones you see are virtual needles and have somewhat of a cartoonish movement and look to them.

Only the $5000.00 Yaesu FT5000 still has a real needle on the modern HF rigs.

I agree on touch screens but it's being forced on us with newer electronics from smart phones to radios.

True analog meters are a thing of the past. The new ones you see are virtual needles and have somewhat of a cartoonish movement and look to them.

Only the $5000.00 Yaesu FT5000 still has a real needle on the modern HF rigs.

I will stick with my ICOM 7600, ICOM 746,& KENWOOD TS-2000 and they will at least keep me away from any touch screen radios and if they fail I will buy Used gear.I don’t need any more Yaesu gear since they have been worse than Useless for me.

SIX-SHOOTER

I like that people go out & buy all these new radio's then a few weeks later they are up for sale."

I agree that it's awesome that some people run out and buy all the new radios that come out. It makes for a lot of entertainment to read the forum posts as they figure out new features and any initial problems or issues.

But for me the big thing is that the early adopters help fuel the amateur radio companies into making selling these newer and often higher performing radios. Plus these same guys often are selling the now "old" previous top line radios for great prices.

So in my opinion its a "win win" for me.

Reactions: RoadRanger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.