• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Forum club call frequencies on 11m and 20m

"I always heard that the CB "gentlemen's agreement" was above 30 was ssb."

35 - 40........the only channel used for ssb below 35 was 16 USB.
the method to this madness was roughly this. ssb operators thought it would be nice if out of a 40 channel band that they could have at least half that many "channels" for ssb use. since 16 USB was "the place" during the 23 channel era and knowing that a 10 KHZ. segment could easily support 3 separate contacts at the appropriate spacing, then 6 more channels could support a total of roughly 21 "channels."

yes, i have seen the statement "above 30" on some sites and 35 - 40 on others. sadly, the sites making the position with regard to the statement "above 30" are the result of disinformation disseminated to students within the last few years who were writing college papers and essays on the history of cb radio. i remember receiving several emails from many of them asking for sources for information. so much for the confusion.

"I always heard that the CB "gentlemen's agreement" was above 30 was ssb."

LMFAO and part of that agreement is to stay under 12 watts on SSB and stay in the allocated 40 CHANNELS no where does it state FREEBAND CB SERVICE also type accepted radios only, also if your not licensed your not suppose to go into the 12 or 10 meter band AT ALL but people do because they have a radio that talks there yet noone cares about that?

See my point? the list goes on forever,,,,,,,,,

Hell we could go on 27.185 LSB if we wanted :twisted: :p

Channel 34 is good for me

Duckkilla

We will TRY a 6 meter net, it should happen as we get into the summer months, I think this would be one of our challenges but will be fun.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.