• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Gainmaster Power?

Hello Eddie,
the cap and the stub are rg303, the red stuff is bieffe,

what is a bit odd is vswr climbs & drops again once you let the antenna cool down,

you would think if its getting hot enough for vswr to rise towards 3:1 your melting something, but that does not seem to be the case, i have 3 gainmasters all doing the same thing,

im glad we don't have lightening issues like you Eddie.

Bob, I didn't pickup on the distinction you were making in your post, but I believe you. My bad!

Staybolt, if the Sirio Gain Master had some significant dips in the bandwidth between 6 to 20 meters...the antenna might look promising for some Ham Operators. Then IMO, Sirio might consider making the antenna handle more watts and capture more market.

IMO, the Gain Master has a very nice broad workable <2.00:1 SWR at 3.50 Mhz bandwidth around 11 meters only, and that is it. There are no dips above or below 11 meters, only near infinite SWR from 13 to 60 Mhz. See the GM's limited bandwidth curve relative to the Ham bands in the attached PDF file below.

We hear reports that the Imax is capable of doing this, but the GM is no Imax in this regard. This is probably due to limitations in the GM's matching setup and its basic wire/coax design.

I can't prove these ideas because I cannot match the Imax matching design, however, in part, I'm going on Ham operator reports that the Imax works similar to what I've described.

Attachments

• GM SWR bandwidth 13 to 60 MHz.pdf
    797.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated