• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New guy needs help with base station

Spend the money on the antenna-look for a used power supply and radio.Thrift shops,flea market,garage sales-I have bought radios and power supplies for as little as $5.00.Post a wanted ad on craigslist-I got a Cherokee base station for $20.00 that way!

I am just going to wait and save money. It wont take me too long I will have enough by the end of the month.
But if I could get some money from the bank that would be better 8)

Im sixteen and ive really come to enjoy talking on my Galaxy Wow is it one cool radio. Hey man what made you want take up cb as a hobby. I got started by enjoying talking to base stations in the car and one day i just thought to my self, man i gotta get me one of those. so i did and now i got one of my friends into it and we talk Base to base sometimes when i hear him good and am trying to get him to get a SSB rig. and a a99. BTW GOOD CHOICE on picking the a99 IT makes A WORLD of DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! ITS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY

One of my friends who is a 18 is really into it and one day I drove home from school with him (I am a sophomore). I asked him what that box was in the dash and what was up with the antenna. He told me about it and I have been wondering about it ever since. Well one thing led to another and now I am here and in the process of ordering my base station!

Call the radio shack at Route 6 and interstate 55 in Channahon, I think last time I was in there they had one antron 99 left?

Actually Walmart sells the same Uniden radio, I dont think the one in Joliet does but I seen the one in Morris has it, give them a call 815-942-6306 ask for the automotive section

Happy_Hamer said:
Call the radio shack at Route 6 and interstate 55 in Channahon, I think last time I was in there they had one antron 99 left?

Actually Walmart sells the same Uniden radio, I dont think the one in Joliet does but I seen the one in Morris has it, give them a call 815-942-6306 ask for the automotive section
Ya I just got back from the Walmart in Shorewood (to much crap all over the place at the one in Joliet) they didnt have it.
Where do you live Happy Hamer?

Good to know some younger people are still getting into radio with all the newer stuff out there. I got my first base in 1974 at the ripe old age of 11. Had me a 100 watt Firebird 303 amp. Man I thought I was somthing. Hope you enjoy radio as much as I have. My friends at work tell me Brian you can talk to anybody you want on a cell phone. Its not the same. Just love talking skip and not knowing were you will talk next. Wait till this next solar cycle kicks up and you talk a 1000 to 10000 miles away. Thats a rush. Peace!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.