• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW HAM needs rig advice.

To update everyone. I just lucked into a deal on a ICOM IC2100. I know its only a 2m, but for $100 bucks from the local radio club member (that i just turned in application to join) I couldn't pass it up. I will use it for a while and decide if i want a dual bander for the other mobile, or if i want a dual band for the house, and just stick with 2m only rigs in the mobiles. Either way It will be used somewhere.

Reactions: 1 person
I use an Anytone At588uv radio in my car and I've been pretty happy with it. The thing to remember is that the Chinese radios are not designed for ham radio but are LMR...land mobile radios, designed primarily for commercial and other applications. They do work well as an everyday radio, and because they are primarily software based, they do have capabilities outside of the amateur bands, not only to monitor, but to transmit (not recommended!). But if you want to incorporate aprs at some point, they do not have the inputs necessary for such and there are no options I know of to do so. But when you figure that they include program cables, separation kit, software, etc, the value becomes more apparent.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.