• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Here, Looking for information on cbs

I guess how deep can you go? And how much roughly can you spend into tuning a cb?

Id like to get at least 20 miles out of the 25, being that some of the places we wheel we do not get cell phone service so having the range would be nice. But would having a tuned radio work in a thick wooded area? I do know that radio stations work if that helps anyone who can give an answer. And as for the 29 Id like to experiment with that one, probably tune her more than the 25

Couple more questions

On my 29 ive notice that the weather channels bleed over to to cb channels sometimes

and would being in the woods hinder the performance and range of the radio?

I had the cobra 25wxst, I liked it a lot and now I miss the wx. I traded in for a uniden pc76xl that was already peaked and tuned, then spent $70 on echo board.
I thought I needed bigger radio to get out further and after spending $110 total I was still only getting out a couple miles. Then I spent $50 on a K-40 antenna and $15 on a good 18' coax I can get out 7 or 8 miles on ch19 even in Birmingham Al. and on a clear night on ch1 I was talking roughly 20 miles. I would suggest you getting a lineer to talk long distant from the deep woods.
Good antenna is a must. I would still be using my 25 if I would have tried changing antennas first. My old antenna was a firestic (bad SWR's). Your steal whip is best.

Keep reading this forum and you will be amazed at what you learn. After reading reading different things here and then talking with the guys I run with they want to know where I learned what i know and I tell them thats where knowledge will cost. :twisted:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated