1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

New Icom IC-7300 HF Rig

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Moleculo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 14, 2002
    Icom unveiled their new direct sampling SDR rig, the IC-7300 at the Tokyo Ham fair.

It looks like it is intended to compete directly with the Yaesu FT-991, although it has no VHF/UHF. There aren't a lot of details available for English-speaking folks, but it's supposed to be shipping by the end of 2015.
    radionut57 and camaro1 like this.

2. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

Feb 11, 2007
    Hmm, no roofing filters (not mentioned in spec's), no VHF/UHF, a little too big to be a dashboard mobile for most applications. This appears to be bigger than the FT991.

I do like the band-scope better than the FT991 since this one has a better waterfall display.

I think I would go with the FT991 for mobile use.

Here is more info from Icom on this radio

3. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I am with you on all those points, fourstringburn. I like Icom, but would rather have a do it all rig like the Yaesu.
  4. exces3

exces3 Member

Sep 4, 2012
    what is the advantage of direct sampling,
    over low IF w/DSP, or, zero-IF I+Q, w/DSP.
    Zero IF seems like a great way to do things...
    ..(except for image rejection).
    Is it any better than a IC-7410?

: Icom IC-7300