• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Italy's Collinear Antenna for 27 mhz 10,40 meter lenght

Jeff I also find several G-Max vs. whatever antenna on youTube, but they are all in Italian and I find it hard to get any good info even from the images.

Best I could do is try and model the G-Max collinear and see if it produces a similar far field image like the G-Max... which I think I've also seen in some video that shows 6 <> dbi gain at a very low angle at or less than 8* degrees.

Anybody willing to try and help me get some good dimensions for this monster?

I will need length and diameter for the wires.

Marconi
I am helping a friend move for a day but I will see if I can look for info.
I wish I could speak Italian.
We have seen this co linear claim before.
It would be interesting to see a antenna this long pull the signal down on the horizon.
Jeff

Follow up.
I have sent the manufacturer a e mail requesting a manual in English-language.
I will let you know if they reply.

Jeff
The manual has some English in text descriptions already. It also shows some US dimensions along with the Metrics.

But, IMO the Manual is not that detailed on the various part numbers, so I have to guess and make some assumptions as I go down the parts list.

Two or three heads are sometimes better than one.

Here is the video I mentioned above that shows the far field pattern over Real Earth. Check about 1:50 time in the video.

Last edited:
I am driving.
Will look when I get home.
Reply from manufacturer.

Hello Sir
, unfortunately at the moment we are not able to ship a single piece to the USA, because the costs are very high.

I hope to find an importer in the States soon in order to satisfy the American customers.

This antenna is probably the best performing vertical in the world !! (for this band)

They included the same manual in PDF file.
Will get back with you later.

Jeff

Reactions: Marconi
No rush Jeff.

Here is another modeling image that shows the performance I hope to see in a G-Max model soon. I did this model sometime back but without success.

Attachments

• Diagrammi_GMAX[1].jpg
    Diagrammi_GMAX[1].jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: AudioShockwav
No rush Jeff.

Here is another modeling image that shows the performance I hope to see in a G-Max model soon. I did this model sometime back but without success.
It sure pancakes the signal down low on the horizon.
Without success as it would not match or?

I will try to figure out some measurements from the manual this weekend.

Jeff

Jeff
You've probably already seen these assembly videos.

Turn on Closed Captioning then go to setting and turn on auto translate and you get english subtitles.

Jeff
Jeff don't worry about the dimensions; I have the model working close, I think.

The pattern and the match is off a little, but the gain is 6.40 dbi at 7* degrees and 1.21:1 SWR @ 27.205 MHz over Average Ground.

I think a little more tuning will fix it. However, I'm concerned the gain may be inflated...due to errors so far, and the gain could suffer when the model is fixed better.

Jeff don't worry about the dimensions; I have the model working close, I think.

The pattern and the match is off a little, but the gain is 6.40 dbi at 7* degrees and 1.21:1 SWR @ 27.205 MHz over Average Ground.

I think a little more tuning will fix it. However, I'm concerned the gain may be inflated...due to errors so far, and the gain could suffer when the model is fixed better.
Even if the gain drops a little, that big lobe at 7 degrees is impressive.
This is interesting.
Thanks for the work on this Eddie.

Jeff

Henry, what did you name your collinear antenna, and I will try and look it up?

I made a couple...but not in large quantity.
Actually i think i only made 3 hi.

Marconi got me thinking... I didnt remember i gave it a name...
But i did remember the "saturn" (the bi-square antenna).
So i was thinking Mercury ? jupiter?
After an hour it came back hi... "Highlander" it was.

I got the rights " from HAM international to reproduce the bigmac antenna, but made my own version first...

Yes, it does provide a bit higher gain...at low angle...
But with 15 euro's you could do similar constructing a extended double zepp antenna (see attached file) ...all you need is a long mast or tree..

Kind regards,

H.

Attachments

• extended-double-zepp-11-meter2.docx
    709.7 KB · Views: 50

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated