• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new jackson

johne2hotty

Nov 11, 2009
i just bought a new jackson from coppers & it will be here today i need some help as to how do you tie the clairifier together fine & course the tx with the rx & any other mods to this radio than you in advance for any help

i just bought a new jackson from coppers & it will be here today i need some help as to how do you tie the clairifier together fine & course the tx with the rx & any other mods to this radio than you in advance for any help

if you are the same person that asked this on another sight I already answered this for you.see if they have it listed yet.

I dont get why these companies still insist on using these dual clarifier setups!!! why make some with a single clarifier knob and then make other models with the foolish dual clarifier pot!?? Then as Galaxy did they had that stupid notch in the center of the pot!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I dont get why these companies still insist on using these dual clarifier setups!!! why make some with a single clarifier knob and then make other models with the foolish dual clarifier pot!?? Then as Galaxy did they had that stupid notch in the center of the pot!!!

for some reason FCC does not want you to be able to go between channels and that is why they have them like this. if you get a true ham radio they track on the clarifier for receive and transmit.
in other words FCC makes it against their rules for some radios to TX and RX above or below the legal bands. that is why the radios will not track on TX with the clarifier. I read the FCC rules on this awhile back and it is in there stating this..

I have 7 HF rigs and a few export and a few SSB CB's but most of the export radios are not FCC type eccepted anyways so them using the dual clarifier just baffles me if the radio is a no no already then a clarifer being opened for TX and RX isnt gonna change anything if you understand what Im saying.

Its like some of my amplifiers like my Texas Star DX500 amps that I use on 10 and 12 meters their not type eccepted but I use them and they are fine but there also AB biased and I dont drive the p!$$ out of them either so they are not splattering the band and nobody knows the difference on the RXing end.

I understand. it is just FCC rules that keep the clarifiers so they do not track on cb bands on transmit.
that works fine if only 2 people talk to each other. if you have more than 2 at a time a clarifier that tracks both TX and RX is the way to go in my opinion. you can all lock on each other and hear what each one is saying.

Yupp and unfortunately most Frequency counters are also not the same so rather it be a base counter for tuning and alligning a radio or a counter on a radio its always another battle. The only way to 100% guarantee all is spot ot and perfect it takes a laboratory type setting with its laboratory equipment to us for alligning.

The problem is some people have it in their head that if the frequency display says 27.385 and their on channel 38 LSB then they are right on frequency. Well I wish it was that easy but its not and a 5 digit frequency display on a Sideband radio is just simply silly and I never understood why any company like "Galaxy" ever did it.

Why a company wouldnt just add the 6th digit for the frequency display in a sideband radio is just beyond me and again silly. BUT.......... again if there was a 6th digit some people would have extra reason to insist they are right on frequency. I have in the past had to literally tune a particular radio with an uncut clarifier to where a particular group of people talk so there was no griping about how the radio is off frequecy when it was indeed on.

The dual clarifier just adds to this madness for some people and makes things more of a mess at times. I do not cut clarifiers for people anymore Ill set it up right on or as close to right on + or - depending how the radio holds on frequency and believe me Ive had som real waderers on my bench. I have seen to many radios start to drift after a clarifier mod to mess with it anymore. I just tell people its right on or as close to right on as the radio would alow so the radio will need to be turned on for a few mitutes to stablize or settle if its colder out a bit longer.

If people are so anal about being right on then this is the best way after a couple hour test to be sure its on or close to frequency and stable because if someone say "Hey your off frequency" but yet the rest of your group is right on you can say "Uuuum thats funny because everyone else is on freequencyand my radio is always here because I CANT CHANGE THE TRANSMIT!!!"

I started doing this because some people cannot grasp how to sdjust a clarifier and their allover the dam place getting mad and frustrated. This way the only thing they have to worry about is adjust the clarifier to where "THEIR" ear understands the recieve and it leaves the transmit alone which in return keeps the peace on the air ;)

I understand. it is just FCC rules that keep the clarifiers so they do not track on cb bands on transmit.
that works fine if only 2 people talk to each other. if you have more than 2 at a time a clarifier that tracks both TX and RX is the way to go in my opinion. you can all lock on each other and hear what each one is saying.

In Glasgow when it was busy back in the 80's when we had nets on ssb with multiple stations we quickly learned the only way not to be fucking about with fine/rx only clarifiers was for one station to set the tx frequency and for all others effectively tuning in with coarse/tx/rx shift with clarifier/fine left dead centre,

I never ever use a clarifier except to centre it with tx freq during alignment,same as on a hf set I will always tune via vfo and leave rit switched off or central, soon as you have a different rx and tx frequency, outwith qso's with one single station your pissin about with controls allnight
, Watching someone faff around with fine tune/clarifier/rit is a sure sign they ain't too clued up on how ssb works.

I don't even see why people are so anally retentive about frequency anyway, what difference does it make if your on 27.535 or 27.534.9 or even 27.535.1, makes absolutely no difference whatsoever as long as you are all on the SAME frequency,its not rocket science. Dearie me :headbang:headbang:pop:

It's through crap like your radios off frequency because my radio is the standard all radios should be judged by and all the bullshit 5/9 reports that fucked me off with 11.

Who Cares?

The buttheads here will tell u right away if you are off even by a hertz! They seem to think a radio needs to be on freq as much as 27.385.0000000000000!

I also have a few locals here that REFUSE to use SSB because of the clarifier deal... It seems to turn a lot of people off to SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.