• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Kenwood and Yaesu HF radio's

Hamvention offered lots of rigs for sale...Notables I remember
Couple IC-7300's both seen Thursday during set-up...both sold less than $800
Must have been 8-10 KWD TS-520S's some with External VFO's and spkr's ALL priced no more than $300....several KWD TS-820-830's <$400...one w/6-2m transverters(rare)
KWD TS-2000's...were in the $650-$850 range...depending on age/condition
Several IC-7600's $1400-$1700...Even a 3 month old IC-7610...couple IC-7700's...
LOTS of old Johnson AM transmitters...various conditions $150-$800
Some really gorgeous Hallicrafter's both TX/RX equipment...pricing everywhere!
I also seen a working:
NATIONAL NCX-1000 transceiver...very RARE...$800...that's a 1000w PEP input transceiver!!!
Several VERY Nice Collins rigs...a KWM-2A w/console, spkr & power supply...
ALL which had full restoration...stunning..$1000...console was $350 extra...
Collins KWS-1 AM transmitter(RARE) also stunning...$2000
Amps: Many Heathkit SB-220's...$500-$700...SB-200's $300-$400 range
Amp Supply LK-450...$500....LK-500...$650 (very clean both)
Lots of CB gear/amps...pricing was dirt cheap!!!!...most buried under tables...
Several RCI-2950's all in the $100- $125 range...
Yes if you could not find it at HAMVENTION...going to be hard to find !!!:ROFLMAO:
All the Best
Gary

(also passed on a clean set of KWD 599D Twins for $350)
Gary

Gary I looked at the Kenwood 599 twins as well. They looked pretty good for that price. I've accumulated a TS-830 with most of the accessories so resisted the urge to bring home the 599's.

As always it is a blast to see that much used & vintage gear for sale.

... edit...sounds like the Hamfest was fun......maybe a trip over to see Ten-Tech...
:+> Andy <+:

... You Certainly Are A CB'er when...
... The Radio And The Antenna - Costs More Than The Trailer Is Worth...

It would have been an awful waste of time going to building 6 looking for Ten Tec. They were a no show. and a dead company

Alpha, Dishtronix, and Emtron. were there, but no ten Tec.

Yeah, I used to go to their annual parking lot hamfest................ no more:(

SIGH...

And I wanted to build their 2M FM - they ran out of the "CPU" (as they called it) so order got put on hold, then I called about 6 months later to check on it, only to hear they were now a part of "Dishtronix" so asked for a refund, got transferred several times, asked if there was a way to finish the order to complete the transaction, they listed options and all I got as part of the order they could fill - was the dummy load "kit". Rest came back as a credit refund on the Credit Card. This was back in 2006 - so they were having issues for a while but figured they pull out in the long run. Maybe a lesson or two learned from Heathkit - or even Zenith.

But Alas, even as I hoped for the ability to make a 2M FM radio (their transceiver kit) for myself - was now gone...If that kit ever arrived, I would still prolly had the license and had gone in a totally different direction.

:+> Andy <+:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.