• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NEW KEYUP TOY

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
Back in 1987, I designed and built a keyup toy for my base and mobile. When the radios were keyed, the toy would run a frequency sweep starting at 200hz and ending at 4000hz. the sweep time was 1 second. To hear what the toy sounds like, go to to this site,

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/frequency-sweep-generator.html

and enter the following parameters.
start freq: 200
stop freq: 4000
duration: 1 sec
select square wave, exponential sweep, and uncheck

“Continue playing tone after sweep has finished?”

The sound you hear is exactly what my keyup sounds like. The circuit is adjustable for sweep time, and freq range. Readily available parts costing about $10 total.
If anyone is interested, I will post a block diagram,
schematic, and parts list.

Last edited:

I'd like more info if it isn't too much trouble. Seems like a good little project to entertain me for a while. I have never really been much of an electronics guy, but I've never really tried. The only component I could really identify right now is a cap, and that is just because I watched a buddy discharge one. It wasn't pleasant for me, and I didn't feel a thing.

Thanks...really fun to play with....got my stereo connected to my pc and speakers and sub woofer..........getting some deep moog sounds...had the locals thinking the mother-ship was landing in their backyards....ha ha

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.