• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Lincoln Question

hank_612

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 3, 2011
Stl Mo
I picked up a new lincoln in the box at a cb shop that had been closed since 05. It has weird knobs and I was hoping someone could shed light on why.

Serial number is 9950067* . My other lincoln starts with 89 and was made in 89 so I am assuming this is much newer.

Can anyone tell me when it was made and what is up with the knobs?

Lincoln.jpg

Looks like the indicator lines are red but the knobs look normal otherwise?

Very pretty radio - I'm sure everyone on the forum will be making you offers :)

The lincoln isnt for sale. She is headed to doc and will be my base. I have been looking for the right lincoln with a chip to e my base for a while.

The indicator lines is what I thought where weird. I have never seen red lines on the knobs before. I ask doc and he hadn't either. That is why I am asking for info here. Surely someone knows.

factory box everything wrapped except the radio which had the chip installed. I have trouble believing that it did not come from the factory with the red lines. The paint is to perfect to be done by hand.

The red adds a nice touch. I dabbed in a bit of white-out on my old 2510- all I did was paint the whole knob and then wipe before it dried, leaving the white line in the recessed portion of the knob. That makes it much easier to see in the mobile.

Great find, enjoy it!

i use yellow wax carpenter pencil on my 2510 makes them easy to see and you can wipr it off and reapply when it gets dirty. hope you enjoy the rig, i love mine. soretooth

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.