• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Magnum 257HP

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Has anyone bought a recent production run? I noticed the box display is different. Just wondering if anyone has a new one. I guess what I'm really wanting to know is, are the previous bugs worked out yet.

The last one that was brought to me to convert/tune,(1 month ago) had no jumper pins in it for the easy conversion. Had to use the solder side of the board. They looked to be snipped off?
I cant say whether this was done at the factory or at Coppers, but the box did appear to be unopened.
Now onto your real question, He hasn't had any of the old gremlins show their heads yet.

Yep, the factory snips the pins now to make it harder to convert. This was after they got heat from the FCC. His lack of issues is encouraging.

Did you get one of these m42?

I am looking for another mobile just 10&11 meters and was considering the 257hp after i seen the cre8900 is plagued with problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.