• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New member and AM modulation % question.

Well im close to youre numbers. Im dead keying 100 watts from the linear and letting it swing. Ill try 125 dead key like you say. I didnt realize the higher swr reading im getting after raising the dead key is a false reading if im understanding you correctly.

SWR's? You mean ALL of them go up? :whistle:

SWR is ALWAYS singular. SWR. It is a ratio. No plural. SWR does not change with power. Are you recalibrating the meter before AND after changing power? I assume you are talking about the antenna SWR and not the SWR between the radio and amp. What you are seeing is likely the harmonics and crap generated in the amp being reflected from the antenna. You meter cannot tell the difference between your signal and the harmonics etc. Your true SWR is what you see with the amp OFF.

Its not Swrs its SWARS! LOL:p:love:

So basically youre saying if a linear is swinging to say 1000 watts the dead key should be at 250? 4 to 1 ratio or 1 to 4 ratio if im saying it right?

So basically youre saying if a linear is swinging to say 1000 watts the dead key should be at 250? 4 to 1 ratio or 1 to 4 ratio if im saying it right?

Actually what I am saying is if the RADIO dida 4:1 ratio then the amp would follow suit quite closely if it is being run within spec and not having the piss driven out of it.

Reactions: Limeybastard

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio