• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new/newer radios

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
there have been some new radios coming out in the last few years . the list i have
i believe they been out a few years now so not really new. im curious about overall
performace i seen cbradio magazine review . was wanting some more ,likes and dislikes
here it is
alpha 10 max
antone 5555 [looks same as alpha 10]
cre8900
yeticomm mk3
ive found the specs on a couple of these unfortunely im lost when reading it ..lol

My Anytone 5555 works great and has a nice sounding receive also, better than my HR2510 on receive.

His 2510 is old and tired. His current assessment sounds about right.
Yes, M42 is correct, the HR is old and may need an alignment also, it still transmits pretty good though, where the AT5555 power starts to fade as the mosfets warm up. Things like this (receiver audio) tend to be subjective, it is just an opinion after all. I like the audio coming out of the 5555 better than the HR.

Here is my You Tube SSB comparison between the two radios (not claimed to be a scientific test in any way): HR 2510 vs AT 5555 (V4): SSB Receive Audio Comparison - YouTube
Sorry for going off topic. :)

from what i could tell they were recieving the same . the 5555 seemed a liitle louder

Yes, it seemed like that at times and there was a fair amount of QSB as well. As I said, not a scientific test by any stretch of the imagination.
Just a bit of fun really, to pit one radio against another. :)

I've been using the Anytone 5555 in my mobile for well over a year now and still talk skip when conditions are right. Receive is fantastic and to talk to the UK with 40 watts is amazing with a Wilson 5000 on the roof. Just Wednesday on the way home on 27.395 lower side. Just Love It.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.