• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New president adams II no rx, can't tell if tx is ok.

Canope

Mar 10, 2023
I posted this in a newsgroup, no luck.
What can I look at? The reason for new gear was I assumed my coax was broke at the door closing on it.
Resoldered the coax in the lil wil from the place I thought was bad. No luck so I started over.
Can you guys offer anything?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Ok, this officially sucks.
New Wilson little wil antenna, same as the old.
2 cb's, an mcb 30, the old, and a new president adams II.
The adams has a built in weather radio. I opted for this to get rid of my police scanner in the car. Local police no longer transmit where I am at. (Hanover twp Pa 18706).
The weather station is fine on the new adams. The tx/rx sucks all the way. I think the only thing I hear is skip from where you are, be it NJ or OH.
Install polarity is correct.
No swr meter until Saturday. I moved the stinger in up/down small increments with no change at all. Notta.
I swapped the old one in. It was cut about an inch or better up against the new. Up/down, no change at all.
The "skip" cancels when I touch the old or new.
I cannot fathom that this new rig gets no reception or tx at all.
This is on a nissan suv murano, same set up when it all worked.
I am less than a mile from I81 straight line of vision and could hear the traffic on a quiet night ish.
I have been using cb's for 40 years.
What can I be overlooking? Gotta be something so simple I am going to punch myself when I figure it out.
Bring on the crazy.[/COLOR]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?