• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Mckinley SSB radio

Thanks for the info. I looked at the website, but could not find any information for the new President Mckinley, or any that were similar. Hopefully they will update?

They are labeled on the board - see my video for AMC and SSB ALC. It has variable AM so shouldn't be any need to mess with that.

Reactions: cralt
Anybody know which pots turns AM and SSB power up or down?
Thanks
I have no clue,but I'll be watching this thread closely so I can do mine ! I seen one YouTube channel that touched on it, but it seems to be some Big corporate secret. I can't Any service info. from the Cats in the US offices for my Andy2 nor the French headquarters. That pisses me off I don't have complete access to schematics and codes to service the software/pot id# and such, seems that peeps like us are Forced to rely on service technicians,$$$ I Know to change my own spark plugs but I don't pay a guy 50 bucks to do it ! And this is why I subscribed to this forum. AWESOME people live here ! So much knowledge and the willingness to share .

( I guess there is more to it than I understand. I turned RT 203 to turn up the power output from 2.5 to 4 ) This is from a earlier message I had with ForestRunner98 when I turned up my power on my McKinley because it wasn't doing 4 watts.

Last edited:
This is normal now, what happened is they no longer want to make service info available to everyone because of intellectual property concerns . President is just like Anytone or CRT and others.
Due to so much cloning of radio boards in the past they won't even publish schematics in FCC applications.

(I think this is part of the eprom thing happening with the new Strykers.
Shops are able to swap radio boards, but it looks like the have to be shipped again to get " alignments" done.
I could be wrong, but it's just weird that one shop would replace a whole board but not finish the radio. )

As far as Quxiang goes I have been told there are alignment manuals, that it requires a signed non disclosure agreement to get one and they really, really don't want them public.

Lou needs to write a service manual for this next generation of radios like he did for the old 3900 boards.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated