• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New product idea - Microphone with app programming for EQ/Compression/Echo/RB via BT

Big Kahuna

Jul 31, 2008
I have a fun idea for a product and wondering if you guys think someone should make something like this.

I would love to see (and I'm surprised no one has tried yet) a Microphone that would have digital programming capabilities for EQ, compression, echo, beeps, etc. that could be controlled by a phone app via bluetooth. The idea came to mind when I was testing the Midland CB Talk microphone as you could program the PTT switch and colors via the app and save the settings to the microphone.

I thought, why hasn't anyone designed a microphone with a programmable EQ/tone control + add all the echo, roger beep, and compression controls in there as well. You'd connect via bluetooth, program via the app, save, and talk. How cool would that be?

I think something like that could be popular with both the Ham and CB market, especially if the EQ/Compressor was any good. You could add noise cancelling, gain controls, tone/eq, echos, beeps, etc. I'd invest in development of that one if it was technically possible.

If size is an issue for all the components I'm sure they could also add a small box or something closer to the plug if needed if they can't squeeze it all into a handheld housing. I'm sure they could do it in a base mike - my UR6QW unit isn't very big and 90% of it's size is the knobs and housing, not the boards.

Anyway just dreaming of the future.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.