• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Project!

Blue Jay

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 16, 2008
Central Ohio
A friend is doing some cleaning out of his shack so my project bench has taken on some weight.
First item is a Heathkit HW 22 with both the shack and mobile power supplies. Don't have a variac (yet) so I am running it thru a light bulb to bring it up slow, started with a 40W for 12 Hrs. and then a 60W getting ready to put in the 100W bulb. Starting to get the smell of the tubes warming up, been a while since I have had a tube radio on but never forgot the smell. Hope to get up a 40M inverted V this weekend so maybe before long I can get it on the air.

Second project will take a bit longer, a Tectronix 546 scope with the orignal manual, get a slight glow on the display so suspect HV supply is not up to snuff so it will be a winter time project. So I guess it is time to brush up on working with High Voltage and a better VOM with HV probe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.