• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New purchase President HR 2510

I have just purchased a 2510 I paid $75.00 I have read that it has no power variation pot but I found that to be untrue. I have turned it down to 1 watt but it swings to nearly 30 watts don't know if my RM Italy KL-500 could handle this kind of swing. Nice radio but I am a little spoiled from my 148GTL in receive and audio noise blanker not as good. It has the 11 meter conversion and the radio is cosmetically great and seems to work flawlessly. I am not sure how you hook up a external speaker which would probably help on the receive end. Any tips on this rig sure would be appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: 1 person

OZTh1qD.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I have just purchased a 2510 I paid $75.00 I have read that it has no power variation pot but I found that to be untrue. I have turned it down to 1 watt but it swings to nearly 30 watts don't know if my RM Italy KL-500 could handle this kind of swing. Nice radio but I am a little spoiled from my 148GTL in receive and audio noise blanker not as good. It has the 11 meter conversion and the radio is cosmetically great and seems to work flawlessly. I am not sure how you hook up a external speaker which would probably help on the receive end. Any tips on this rig sure would be appreciated! Thanks

if your amp has 4 transisters it MAY handle it.

I counted all the different freq's and came up with 410 and the 40 channels on 11 meter band are included. also what kind of mic would you suggest. The stock mic was not included. Kinda thinking about the D-104 hand held.

These are pretty good old radios, and really shine on SSB. I have a Lincoln, which is a kissing cousin to it. I have tried just about every mic you can use on mine, and found a MD104 to get the best reports. Keep the gain down to 3or less on it and it will sound very clear without picking up a lot of background noise.

Brett

Reactions: hammer0630

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.