• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New retard on 38LSB: Audioman

Again, I understand that you do not understand.

Not many people do. Even if they are interfering with your conversation you don't have to give them recognition. Just make up a BS excuse and walk away from the radio. If everyone would do this they would get bored and go away. There's always the dumbbell that thinks he can insult, educate, offend or scare away an agitator. If you want to play his game that's fine but you better expect him to stay around for awhile.

I think a lot of people agitate on SSB for the same reason DXers like to use SSB. It is a more efficient mode and takes less power and antenna to make an impact. Then look at the typical SSB operator. They seem to have a lower tolerance for BS and a lot of 11 meter AM antics will royally piss them off...beeps, echo, off color language. It makes 38 LSB an easy target. I have saw a lot of threads about agitators on SSB but there seem to be few about the AM DX channels.

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
It irritates the hell out of me when I hear an otherwise good operator going on and on about an agitator. By responding, you are only expanding his nonsense. I may be lucky enough to not hear him, but you are jamming the hell out of the frequency for him. In my eyes, you are his sidekick.

It irritates the hell out of me when I hear an otherwise good operator going on and on about an agitator. By responding, you are only expanding his nonsense. I may be lucky enough to not hear him, but you are jamming the hell out of the frequency for him. It just makes you his sidekick.

I hear you. We've got a couple of guys that agitate around here. They don't really have a strong enough signal to do any damage but they get several people bitching at them, trying to key on them, throwing carriers and it goes on for hours.

Ignoring these fools isn't gonna make them go away.
Look at blue waffle, you gonna walk away from the radio for 5 years and counting?
I'm gonna die of old age before these idiots stop jamming.
The only way to mitigate the problem is to expose these fools.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
Look at blue waffle, you gonna walk away from the radio for 5 years and counting?
If you want to see this DA(audio-man) on "His TV show", goto ZAMTALK. I did, I had a good laugh, and got out fast!

You may be ignoring him but there is always someone else feeding the fire. I thought the waffle had been exposed and he's still at it. There were pictures of him, his house, and his family posted online...Maybe it was incorrect. There have been agitators that have had their name and address and other personal info put out on the radio and online. They get a little shaken up but it wears off when realize no one is going to do anything about it. As for the FCC it's more likely that their antenna will get hit by lightning.

I actually watched the video and the guy doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong except for using a noise toy on the CB radio and using CB lingo on the CB radio. His audio sounds horrible but he's probably on a CB radio. The ping is annoying but I don't think the guy has any ill intentions.

If you want to take action there are a couple of options. You can easily pass the tech portion of the amateur exam and get some 10 meter privileges where people don't use CB toys, maybe even get the general and use a tuner with your CB antenna to get on some other HF bands. I put several countries in the log just this morning.

Option 2 is tracking him down and putting a stop to it. If you don't want to "hide under the blanket" this is what you're going to have to do. There will likely be some jail or prison time involved, expensive legal fees, time off work, etc... The problem is that by the time you get back on the radio he or someone more annoying will be back on 38 LSB.

Reactions: Vortex780
When you have a troll and you give them any attention you fall right in to his trap.
The best thing you could do is get your ham ticket. I have only heard one frequency that has trolls on it and that is 14.313 MHz. I have not tuned into that channel since I first found it. So many frequencies to tune into so I don't waste my time in the garbage can.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
I am completely brand new to side band, Will someone clue me in please?

And what is cq qso and other such terms?

Google Woody's guide to sideband it is at www.cbgazette.com/ssb

I can't figure out how to get my phone make that link work. Hope this helps.

You get out futher on sideband and with a good antenna you don't need a ton of power to make dx contacts when skip conditions are good. I have talked to just about all the states and beyond with no more the 70 watts. And that is in a mobile.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom309
The best thing you could do is get your ham ticket. I have only heard one frequency that has trolls on it and that is 14.313 MHz. I have not tuned into that channel since I first found it. So many frequencies to tune into so I don't waste my time in the garbage can.

Better check again. There's other frequencies on ham with lids on them. 3.843, 14.275 and sometimes 7.200, come to mind.

The good thing about ham is the excessive bandwidth. Thus when/if you hear a lid, spin the dial past them. "Don't cry, QSY" as we call it. Unfortunately the same cant be said for CB, unless you want to move outside the allocated 40 CB channels.

Not much anyone can do about the annoyance caused by lids on the air, short of vigilante justice, ever since the FCC threw in the towel. And even then, vigilante justice can land you in hot water faster than the lid.

And even then, vigilante justice can land you in hot water faster than the lid.
Or killed.

It has been a long time since I have been on the air and if a frequency is trashed out at one time it might be good at other times. If I hear a bunch of trash I move on else where. That's what the tuning dial is for. I think it is a shame that what use to be a gentleman's hobby has gone down hill.

Last edited:
.... Even if they are interfering with your conversation you don't have to give them recognition....

... or do what MOST people do,... just call your buddy 3 states away(on your telephone) , put the phone next to your mic, and chat away (even tho you can't hear him over the radio).

Reactions: 543_Dallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.