• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Set Up

EtchaSketch

Apr 11, 2011
Well not all new: President Washington made in the Phillipines, IMAX 2000 antenna, D 104 TUG-9, that's my base so far. I also bought, from the same guy a Cobra 148 NW ST with a D104 mobile mic, Super Bee DX 250. The Wasington, Cobra, both D104s and the Texas Star Linear, $250.00 all in good working order except 2 lights. I think I did okay. I'm learning, still way new to this! I love this forum!

a president/uniden washington in good working order is better than any new cb radio sold today ............... IMNSHO :)
you did real good on your deal ! ;)

Nothin like starting out with the right foot. In this case it may be both. Great setup that will stand the test of time and at a hell of a deal to boot! Im going green already! (y)

I appreciate all the support. Waiting for my antenna to be delivered, then the work begins on set-up. May be asking a few questions on that when the time comes. In the meantime I'll be reading up on it here. Thanks.

Well not all new: President Washington made in the Phillipines, IMAX 2000 antenna, D 104 TUG-9, that's my base so far. I also bought, from the same guy a Cobra 148 NW ST with a D104 mobile mic, Super Bee DX 250. The Wasington, Cobra, both D104s and the Texas Star Linear, $250.00 all in good working order except 2 lights. I think I did okay. I'm learning, still way new to this! I love this forum!

Throw the Cobra 148 soundtracker in the trash and I would say you have a good haul!

Hey pyscho, maybe that's why it was cheap. I don't know anything about it. I just wanted something with SSB. I was looking at the new Galaxy DX959. Should have passed on the soundtracker and gone with that.

awsome job. if this is your first base setup im jealous then i didnt have anything
even close to that on my first base setup .the washington w/ d104 and
the texas star will be a great setup

My first mobile was a Realistic TRC422A and a magnetic mount Turner antenna. That lasted for about 3 months then it's off to the bank every couple of months. CB can be an addiction.

Hot rod, this is my first base but with all the reading I've been doing with everyone here why not take the advise. another question, should I take the washington in and have it cranked down to 2 watts and hook up the DX 250? Booty Monster seems to think a little more power would be nice and I tend to agree but I don't have the knowledge base you guys have. I also have a 100 HL linear (whatever the he&$ that is, couldn't find anything on it). Please advise and thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.