• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Super Penetrator 500

In the larger scheme of things, the exact dimensions and orientation doesn't matter, as long as the reactances posed by the matching system remains the same. Possibly done for manufacturing efficiency. Copyrights and patents have nothing to do with it, as Hy-gain manufactured it before and still does now. The 2011 version works as well as my 1975 version. I love it.

Ed, I responded to you about the Penetrator manuals you have, and I gave you the serial numbers for the ones I have. Could you check your file and email me anything you have with a different number?

edromans@comcast.net

If you'll email me your pictures at edromans@comcast.net I'll edit the size and post same or send them to you, and you can post them.

You can post if you want!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'll try this one and send the others later.

817's Penetrator 6.jpg

Let me know if it works on your end and I'll do the others the same way for you.

BTW, how give me the dimensions for your bracket too, just in case. Tell me how far the beta match is sitting away from the radiator too.

Ok I got the 40 channel manual to work and from looking it over it is saying 22'9" is how tall the radiator should be ? That is what the old 1975 manual says for the penetrator 22' 9 1/2" is what the manual says. Is that where i need to set my new penetrator?

Here are all the manuals for the Penetrator and SuperPenetrator 500,
both old version and new.

And an ad from 1972

Attachments

• Penetrator manual for 23 channels.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • Penetrator manual 801285.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • hy-gain_500_penetrator_1975.pdf
    213.2 KB · Views: 22
  • hy-gain_500_penetrator_1981.pdf
    611.6 KB · Views: 20
  • hy-gain_500_penetrator_1982.pdf
    190.5 KB · Views: 19
  • hy-gain_525_super_golden_penetrator.pdf
    191.7 KB · Views: 22
  • SPT-500.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • hygain_ad_penetrator500s9_mag_sep_1972_pg41.png
    hygain_ad_penetrator500s9_mag_sep_1972_pg41.png
    526.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: 1 person
Ok I got the 40 channel manual to work and from looking it over it is saying 22'9" is how tall the radiator should be ? That is what the old 1975 manual says for the penetrator 22' 9 1/2" is what the manual says. Is that where i need to set my new penetrator?

1970, in my effort to get good dimensions for my Eznec model of the New SP500, I found that over time HyGain did make some changes to their kit and most look to be in the length of the radiator.

The New version looks to have also changed the beta match design a bit and set it on the antenna the opposite direction from the older models, so in answer to your question...you really need to know if your kit is an older model with the ground rod on the left side looking at the front of the antenna, or is it an New SP with the ground rod on the right side.

If you have an older model, we may find that the antennas were all the same except for the length of the radiator, so all you have to do with your old model is tune as best you can to the frequency of choice.

If you have a New SP version, then go by the New SP manual that VA3ES just posted and I think that 22' feet is maybe a good point to start for the middle of CB band...at least that is what I've heard.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

One more question, I don,t have a very big yard to set this up on and the back yard has a chainlink fence around it. Will that bother the antenna while tuning it? How far awat from fence do i need to be to be safe ? Thanks...

Excellent question! To tune up the antenna, you need to be as far away as possible from any metal objects in proximity. When I tuned up my new SPT-500, I couldn't get it to tune up on 28.800 MHz. Determined that it was too close to my tower. Moved it about 20 feet away and all as good. So, to answer your question, make sure it's as far away from metal objects as you can make it.

One more question, I don,t have a very big yard to set this up on and the back yard has a chainlink fence around it. Will that bother the antenna while tuning it? How far awat from fence do i need to be to be safe ? Thanks...

good question. just get it as far away from the fence as you can.
also you might find it easier to use a short metal /steel pole for just
tuning.then once tuned mount it on whatever you have in mind

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated