• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New to Exports

tankthebiker

Feb 12, 2014
Good afternoon all,

Researching and learning about about the amateur radio world and I have a question about export radios. Do these operate on 11 band CB channels as well in the US? This is what the information I am reading states. If so, I might have to look into an export as I am already familiar with CB in the US and I think this might be my entryway into the amateur radio world.

Thanks

well you have to conver them for 11m (cb) bands thus is illegal other then that some radios are tuffer and some are simple snip some diodes or move a jumper i have a 10m liscense and its fun but i found 2m is more active well atleast out my way easiest radio to convert for 11m is the general lee and connex 3300 hp fhp models general lee will need a FC where the FHP connex doesnt just be carefull go read reviews ask on here about exports to buy these guys will point you in the right direction

Good afternoon all,

I might have to look into an export... I think this might be my entryway into the amateur radio world.

Thanks

do yourself a favor, get an Amateur license and forget about using the CB,.... err,..., ahh,..... oops,.... export radios on the amateur bands:pop:

I am in the process of getting license. Just trying to find some info as to what bands and what radios to get. My wife suggested I should go ahead and get a decent radio so I won't have to tinker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am in the process of getting license. Just trying to find some info as to what bands and what radios to get. My wife suggested I should go ahead and get a decent radio so I won't have to tinker

Kenwood TS480 is a good starting point.

Most EXPORT radios can't be used on the Ham bands because they are AM/FM only. And we use mostly SSB. also most only cover 6 bands and don't go into the voice (phone) portion of 10 meters. I would like to ask just what do you plan on doing on Ham radio? Are you driving a Big truck? Are you OTH, Local? Because something like a Dual bander can get you on the air. And can be fun using repeaters for a new Ham with just a Technician class license. To talk on HF and work the World you will need a General or Extra class license. And more costly equipment. This is why I ask what do you want to do? And how do you plan on using your radio?

I am a commuter and "techno nerd" that likes to talk so having something for entertainment as well as a second line of communication during emergencies is what I am looking for.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

well, heck,........... as long as the wife agrees;),............

take a good look at the IC 7000.... it will cover any band and mode you may want, vhf, uhf, hf, AM, FM, SSB, CW, Digital,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.