• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new to me 66v

OK I bought the Connex from a local shop. it was pushing
75 watts. I PAID $150 for it.
Since I bought it. It kept screwing up. the guy at the shop kept fixing it until he broke the board. then he told me he would" make it right" and a week later I got this galaxy 66v. I just want to make sure this 66v is at least as good
As the Connex was?
Oh yeah the 66 only pushes 40 watts and I think it only
Has 1 final where the 3300 had 2?

I can't speak for the Connex, but I can say that the 66v is a good solid AM/FM radio and I still have one from my truck driving days, that with a 250 fet will talk pretty good, it all depends on your antenna.

OK I bought the Connex from a local shop. it was pushing
75 watts. I PAID $150 for it.
Since I bought it. It kept screwing up. the guy at the shop kept fixing it until he broke the board. then he told me he would" make it right" and a week later I got this galaxy 66v. I just want to make sure this 66v is at least as good
As the Connex was?
Oh yeah the 66 only pushes 40 watts and I think it only
Has 1 final where the 3300 had 2?

I think you need a new watt meter, a new cb tech, or both. The old school single 1969 final 3300 & 66v radio's were good for an honest clean 25 watts. The dual 1969 final radio's would do 30-35 on the average and you might really work one to 40 watts. 75 watts just is not gonna happen unless they used one of those feel good watt meters.

Reactions: 1 person
its been many yars since ive played with either. but as i remember
the galaxy had 1 final and got around 20-25 clean watts out
the connex 3300 has 2 finals and could do 30-40 clean watts.
as i remember the connex always had the BEST audio.
the galaxy seems to overmodulate or sounded muddy if tunned
to much where the connex remained clean.also seems that i remember
the general lee being about as good as the connex maybe too close to call

There ya go hotrod, you are spot on. Only thing I will add is when Magnum came out with the FIRST all mode variable talk back on a radio they were way ahead of the game.

These guys are right my old Connex 3300 hp dual final radio only put out 35 watts max...that's about all you are going to see from them. It's a good radio though.

Well I just had the galaxy in another shop. had them
Check it over. about all it will do is 5 watts. They said
That the final is going out. it might last a day might last
A year. I'm slightly pissed to be honest!

Well I took the galaxy to "the radio shop" in Ontario Ca. Was going to get the dual MOSFET
Final conversion done. they said it would be $75 or I could get the rfx75 for $100
And double the output to around 100 watts. and they went through the radio and tuned
It right. on a scope. I have been talking skip every morning this last week! From Canada
To Hawaii. it is working awesomely!!!!!! They also tuned my ant! And reran my coax!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.