• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new tv issues

hotrod

Feb 16, 2007
n.w pennsylvania
just got anew flatscreen hd lcd ,tv . it causing havac on my cb.
my base antenna is located in back of house not far from tv.
however at the other end of the house [front] at the end of
driveway by the road i still pick it up at same level.so i assume
moving base antenna wont help.also think i might need a lpf
is a bencher is good one? if i put ferrtle chokes on tv power cord
would this help the interference on my cb?

Find a big toroid for your TV power cable. Some LCD TV noise is generated internally and radiated and very difficult to choke out cause it's not coming back thru the power cord.

Sometimes you gotta live with it.

Reactions: 1 person
who would have thought, that one day it would be the TV causing interference to the CB.

Its like revenge of the television sets for 40 years of TVI.

Reactions: 5 people
Find a big toroid for your TV power cable. Some LCD TV noise is generated internally and radiated and very difficult to choke out cause it's not coming back thru the power cord.

Sometimes you gotta live with it.

thank you. since everything went digital my tvi issues were pretty much gone
now i got this to deal with grrr

What does it sound like? I get interference sometimes and I can't find it's source. May be my TV.
its hard to put into words. but take your white noise level no matter how low
or high it is. now double it. stations out 50 miles that i could talk to now are
lost in this noise.stations out 30 miles are heard ok this is all locally. dx is
another story i often hear that above the noise level

Try the chokes or exchange the TV for another one. Another possibility is a low pass filter for your CB.

I get a (sounds like a leaky tube)noise on my mobile when I use the touch screen on my iPhone 5 but only if i bring it to the edges of the car roof if there's any consolation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.