• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new worm going around.what to do if opened?

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
There is a new worm going around. You get an email that reads Something like.....you have been taged by the FBI for veiwing illegal sites.My wife opened that email while i was gone because she did not know what it was.I scaned my computer many times but came up with nothing.Does anyone know if this is something that can hide from the Norton antivirus program and do more harm or since it showed no virus will i be ok?

I've got two from fbi.gov and one from excite.com, but my provider caught them, thank goodness. Here is the email I got from my internet provider:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The NetLine Anti-Virus system software on nlamerica.com has reported that you were
apparently (not Confirmed) sent a virus from Mail@fbi.gov, containing the " W32/Sober.Z@mm"
virus in the "downloadm.zip" attachment. The subject of the E-mail was "Your_IP_was_logged".

These days many Viruses forge headers and disguise their origins. The info above
is what was in the header of the email, but does not confirm that Mail@fbi.gov
actually sent the email. You may wish to contact the sender to confirm this, but the
email may have come from a different source all together that may not be traceable.

In other words, don't badger Mail@fbi.gov, they may not have sent you anything!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The E-mail containing the virus has been deleted to prevent further damage.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.