• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Yaesu Ft-857

shepsvettes

Jan 19, 2011
I bought a new Ft-857 and want to do the mars mod. This radio has the jumpers diffrent from any I have seen on the internet. The only jumpers that are bridged are 1001 and 1002 and they have a surface mount resistor. everything I have read says to leave 1006 jumped but it is open. Has anyone run into this? Thanks.

I was gonna say we just this past yuear had a thread on this with pics!! I love my wifes FT-857D and love my FT-897 for portable ;! You just gotta love this site!! (y)

I bought a new Ft-857 and want to do the mars mod. This radio has the jumpers diffrent from any I have seen on the internet. The only jumpers that are bridged are 1001 and 1002 and they have a surface mount resistor. everything I have read says to leave 1006 jumped but it is open. Has anyone run into this? Thanks.

Good luck with the mod. I was thinking of buying a 857d soon myself and doing the mod on it. I have an 897d that I bought from another operator. The nice thing was he already did the mod. My soldering skill is not the best. Might try that circuit writer pen, some say it worked well for them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.