• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Yaesu FTM-400DR Digital VHF/UHF Mobile Approved by FCC

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
On 12/11/12, the FCC released information that the new Yaesu FTM-400DR VHF/UHF mobile transceiver was approved. This new rig is Yaesu's first C4FM FDMA (digital) transceiver.

moleculo-albums-yaesu-ftm-400dr-picture3577-yaesu-ftm-400dr.jpg

Look for pricing and availability information to be released next!

Reactions: 2 people

This will be one to watch, are you going to get one and try it out like you did on the FTM-350R ? & Wonder if there going to make all the addon items the same as the 350R/E & AR ?

Thanks for you're help on the FTM-350R, I just bought a 2nd one.... and set it up for aprs for my brother... lucked out and found a ham that was selling it for 475.00/w shipping and got the gps & 20ft. extension cable for the remote head..

you're blog/post helped me learn more about it... found the version 1.6 firmware opened them up and made the aprs beacons popup with more info after doing it...

Well hope you're having a great day..

Sincerely, Ray K.

I would like to review it, but it probably depends on the price. I will probably have to sell the FTM-350 to do it... ;)

This will be one to watch, are you going to get one and try it out like you did on the FTM-350R ? & Wonder if there going to make all the addon items the same as the 350R/E & AR ?

Thanks for you're help on the FTM-350R, I just bought a 2nd one.... and set it up for aprs for my brother... lucked out and found a ham that was selling it for 475.00/w shipping and got the gps & 20ft. extension cable for the remote head..

you're blog/post helped me learn more about it... found the version 1.6 firmware opened them up and made the aprs beacons popup with more info after doing it...

Well hope you're having a great day..

Sincerely, Ray K.

I would like to review it, but it probably depends on the price. I will probably have to sell the FTM-350 to do it... ;)

Probably be doing the same to get that new rig.
Rawr, I'm tired of waiting...when will this radio have a price? Ah i sware the government is slower than a snail racing bacteria!

does not seem to be much on the forum on the 400dr, did this radio not pan out as planned?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.