• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Zealand on 17 meters

fasteddy

Apr 5, 2005
Just made a contact with ZL1AMO, Ron in Auckland NZ. Nice fella to visit with. I went to his webste, and was impressed with all the DX awards he has won. He gave me a 5/5 report, and I was barefoot at 100 watts.Great fun
Ed

novakor said:
Ed nice contact,what freq were you on and is there a certian freq. on 17m you use.SWListeners want to know :D
73,Stu

Yeah and more than SWL'ers want to know.You seem to hang on 17m A LOT.I now have the tribander back in action for 10-15-20m and an inverted L for 80m mainly but it will tune to any band.Even have the longwire still up but I think the L works better on HF.We will have to try a contact again sometime.The last times were less than great. ;)

Well guys, I don't really have a certain freq on 17 that I hang out on. It is such a small band anyway. 18.130 seems to be a freq that is used for general calls tho. I do hang out on 14.300 a lot tho, Maritime Mobile service net, and check in pretty frequently.
Stu, tune to 3.989 on thurs eves at 8 PM Mountain and give a listen. I am net control for the Columbine net. I am duckingout next thurs (9/1) to go to my wifes graduation, shes an RN now, WHOPPPPPPEEEEEE :LOL:
Ed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned