• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Zealand

Looks like basically they took away the wide band radios from them and gave them twice as many channels to use.
Only for their UHF PMR service (like our GMRS). Does not apply to 27 Mhz service.
If those people still use CB AM radios - then it will be a good thing - if you want to talk 27 mhz and didn't have a radio that did 27 mhz - then it will sell a lot of new CB radios.
Indeed. But I have a feeling that many New Zealanders were already running "export" radios.
If your CB radio was wide band AM only - then your old radio will be obsolete and you will not be allowed to use it - if that was the way I read it.
No such thing as "wide band AM", (unless you're running ultra high fidelity). Old radios will still be in use along with new "American band plan" radios. All they did was add the "American" band plan to the existing New Zealand plan. 40 more channels, including,I assume, SSB
Then again, if all they did was add channels - then it's still a conflict.
No conflicts at all. They now have two distinct CB bands - the old one and the new one.
All this means is that their going to be selling a lot more "export" radios, to cover all those channels
Hello Dave, DD18 !! ;)

I can see right now that Larry`s collection of QSL cards is going to expand even more.
;)

Enjoy making even more contacts my Friend....

Jeff
Well Jeff, the postage is getting high, but what the heck, at least I have some proof of how a cheap old export radio works (with out using any amps of course)!

I pretty much ignore anything CJ has to say because 99% of the time its negative.

Not saying CJ is wrong just he put a bleak light on everything he says.

Not to mention the admins are editing his posts.

Gotta give adimins credit for the tolerance.

I pretty much ignore anything CJ has to say because 99% of the time its negative.

Not saying CJ is wrong just he put a bleak light on everything he says.

Not to mention the admins are editing his posts.

Gotta give adimins credit for the tolerance.

agreed

now back on topic.

i hope to here them fellas from the NZ's Riding that DX wave to the americas

from what i'm hearing it won't be long before the whole of europe can legally use 26.965-27.405 on am/fm/ssb too. although as usual i'd expect the retards in the uk will do their usual opting out of any sort of european equality for uk cb'ers. i don't even know why we are in the european union, we opt out of everything including currency.

i might have to contact shioda on tips for dragging those who deny us equality into court. i'm sure its a breach of european rights and human rights to deny members of the public access to technical advancement, especially when it also affects their right of freely communicating.

from what i'm hearing it won't be long before the whole of europe can legally use 26.965-27.405 on am/fm/ssb too. although as usual i'd expect the retards in the uk will do their usual opting out of any sort of european equality for uk cb'ers. i don't even know why we are in the european union, we opt out of everything including currency.
Lucky for you. The last thing you want is the UK to be dragged down by Europe. Europe is going bankrupt.

i might have to contact shioda on tips for dragging those who deny us equality into court. i'm sure its a breach of european rights and human rights to deny members of the public access to technical advancement, especially when it also affects their right of freely communicating.
Good luck with that. :rolleyes: Typical anarchist "free-thinker". You will be up against the ITU, amongst other institutions, (local domestic government regulators). Trust me, with over 35 years of experience in radio regulations management, you are way out of your league.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.