• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie needs help with antenna

120% audio

you know. it all depends on the mic u use. rk56-636l dont forget the 577 shure. you put just 100% mod from a shure mic. uh nobody will hear u. did anybody ask him that???????? I always thought this was a helpful site. uh!!!!!

'626',
Don't let it bother you too much, it is a pretty helpfull site.
Microphones. Everybody has their favorites, good for them, I know I favor a particular type of mic. Is it the best? Probably not, but it does exactly what it's supposed to do. And that's to faithfully reproduce what my voice sounds like. Isn't sensitive to every frequency of sound from 1Hz to 100MHz. But that's okay, my voice isn't that broad anyway, and neither are most people's ears. There are big differences between 'communications' microphones and 'entertainment' microphones (besides the prices). I do very little singing on the radio and you won't hear much music from me either (I'm not in the 'entertainment' 'bid-nez'). So, what would I need one of those type of microphones for? Not that the Sure 577 is an 'entertainment' mic, or that there's anything particularly wrong with it. Far as I know, there isn't. I've also heard a few 'radio Shack' mics that sounded pretty good (the $1.98 variety, not the high end thingys). Makes a person on the radio sound just like you were standing next to him.
As for the 120% modulation that broadcast stations use, there are a lot of things broadcast stations do that other types of radio communications just don't need or benifit from. (That 120% is the 'limit', not the 'standard', you know?) This all gets very close to another one of those 'CB myths' things. I'm not going to get into that, cuz no one believes it anyway, so why bother.
- 'Doc

[I don't feel the need to be able to pee over a greyhound bus. Peeing under it just means it gets to where it's supposed to go a lot easier and quicker.]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.