• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie with General Lee

Rockytherotty

May 27, 2005
Connecticut
I just picked up a General Lee, I guess this is coinsidered a export radio? I have heard very good things about them on the interent and from other truckers.

What's the opinion around here of these radios?

I may plan on running a amp sometime in the future, what might be a good amp for this radio? Texas Star?

Also I definatley want to add a frequency counter, any recommendations?

genral lee

Ihave heard good thing about this radio too they have really nice audio with the right mic and they swing good too. If you plan to run a box i would recomend a AM power or a fatboy they can make u anything u want . Am power can be found on this web site .

Fatboy amp web site is www.saltwatertaffys.com

A straight four pill would work well. Just do not get an amp with a driver stage, ie a three pill 1 by 2, or a 6 pill 2 by 4.

That Lee has dual finals and can overdrive the driver stage of the amp....IMHO.

Check out my link below...thats my website with tons of pictures..:)
If you would like a 2-2879 amp AM-400?
That would work well with your radio ...
Or a 4-pill AM-475.or even a
5-pill. AM-500V..1x4 (1-2290 driving 4-2879's)
You can run an export radio into an amp with a driver stage in the amp..just as long the export radio does not have a built in amp in it....Dual final radios are ok...the DK just dont go over 5 watts...and you will be just fine:)

AM POWER

I had a General Lee that was completely aligned and got the PPE mod. Dead key was set at 2 watts on low and 8 watts on Hi. Exellent audio, the driver that has it now still gets flowers several times a week. For the money a 2 pill 2879 final amp would work well with that radio and be simple to install.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.