• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newest unident grant LT low AM power.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
It is not doing the best SSB power about 15 PEP. But AM is only doing 1W and swings backwards.
Final, driver and predriver are all good. The AM regulator 2SD1135 is showing over 7W in AM. Wrapped Torrid looks fine no broken wires. What am I missing?

In AM mode, check the voltage at the collector of the final, should be around 5V +/- 1V. If it's lower than that, I'd suspect a fault in the AM pass regulator circuit. Check that voltage and let us know how you get on. (y)

~Cheers~

Reactions: LeapFrog
maybe he meant that he had 7 volts on the collector of the regulator, and that a 1 watt deadkey would be very weird to have at that voltage level.
LC

Actually I do have 7.XX on the collector of the final and driver. I was wondering why something with that many volts showed so little power. I was thinking the same thing as you L.C. and changed VR10 way in the beginning of this project. I replaced the 2SD1135 regulator with one I had here. I do not remember where it came from. It was new and tested good on my tester. I can not find a good substitute that I have here to try in place of that D1135 but with that many volts to the final and driver I figure it should work.

Last edited:
ok, so you show 7 volts at the emitter of TR41? (closest leg to the front of the radio)

and that voltage varies with the position of VR10?
LC

LC. I am now thinking The 2SD1135 TR41 must be a fake. 13V on the Emitter, and 13V on the collector and the base varies when turning VR10 from 2 to 7 volts?

EDIT. Just checked out another grant and this is correct. The base varies with VR10. This transistor is mounted to the back of the radio but if it was mounted to the side it would be the back leg that changes with VR10. emitter and collector on both radios have 13V

Last edited:
Thinking about this. I will test the bias diodes but I would have to say they are good because I was able to set driver and final bias with no problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?