• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nice Cobra 148 GTL Malaysia with Extras

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi gang, Here's a good radio that came from a recent lot of gear that I picked up here on the forum. Some stuff keeping, some can go. This 148 is excess to my needs.

A dang good Dynascan/Malaysia Cobra 148 GTL. Nicely already peaked and with full extra channel array. Cosmetics are better than expected. Face is really good. Body has only usual amount of minor scruffs and scratches that you would expect on any mobile radio of this vintage. Considering vintage will still give it an 7.5-8 out of 10. Has one piece of velcro strip on top which I will leave there. Probably had a freq, counter mounted to it.

All switches/functions work as should. All lights, meters work as should.

On a ham duty Daiwa CN -801 meter is keying 5 watts swinging to 17. SSB is 22-23 watts.

Clarifier is OPEN

3 sets of extra channels on the top 2 right hand switches. This is the HI/LOW Tone which is locked on high and the Bright/Dim which is locked on high. 1 set is with H/L SW down. Other is B/D down and 3rd set is with both switches down. Lowest freq is 26.815 and highest is 28.045 Looks like has every upper channel except 41~44. Has 3A and 7A. Will come with 3 neatly typed charts.

Comes with a vintage Astatic D104 M6C power hand mic. Mic IS wired to it. Uses 9 volt battery and has a good battery installed. Modulation is loud, clean and clear. Mic has chrome front/black back and likewise has a very light scuffs from normal use. Also will include a typical angular coffin type Cobra mic UNwired but will include a new 5 pin plug. Radio is old style Cobra 5 pin wiring.

Came with no mounting bracket but I have a 1 hole-each-side bracket that fits it and you get all 4 large head knobs. New full length power cord so radio is complete and ready to talk.

Feel free to ask any questions. I have spent 30 minutes cleaning on it and it looks pretty good. I may take in dirty gear but always clean stuff up before going back out. Here's a chance to get a good work old school 148 GTL with extras. Can ride on the forum for a week but will go to ebay next Sunday.

$80 Parcel Post w/Delivery Confirmation and mail payment
$85 same with paypal
$90 Priority Mail and mail payment
$95 Pri Mail & paypal

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • Picture 066.jpg