• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

nice puck

B

BOOTY MONSTER

antenna puck mount

"All these pucks have 3/8 inch of Delrin insulation or more at any point on the puck. Able to handle up to 8 kv or more. Complete with backing ring and all stainless steel bolts.
The brass center is pressed into the Delrin as well as held in place by the center conductor for an absolutely solid puck.
The Delrin is a solid piece from the ring up. The three bolts keep it from rotating and it can't pull out. Like all my stuff, extra tough and strong.

3 inches in diameter made from 6061 aluminum alloy, including the backing ring.

Stainless steel allen bolts.

Delrin insulation with the bolts locking it in place.

Solid brass face 1-1/4 inches in diameter.

Needs the standard 1-1/4 inch hole to install. "

img121.gif

"
The puck is 1-1/2 inches tall above the sheet metal of the car.
$ 54.00"

img120.gif

Let first begin by apologizing for my ignorance. I am sorry. :oops:

What is a puck for and what does it actually do?

Looks like it might be for a through roof vehicle mount.

Thanks.

A puck provides a strong tough mounting point for any 3/8-24 antenna fitting. As well it provides a high level of high voltage insulation and RF insulation from nearby metal. While a puck can be mounted to a car body, I personally use a puck mounted on my MFJ license plate mount.
MFJ-2820t.jpg

A puck provides a strong tough mounting point for any 3/8-24 antenna fitting. As well it provides a high level of high voltage insulation and RF insulation from nearby metal. While a puck can be mounted to a car body, I personally use a puck mounted on my MFJ license plate mount.
MFJ-2820t.jpg

Thats not really what they call a puck mount what you have there, but the puck mount like the one posted were originally made by Davemade for high power keydowns applications. His were 50 ohms and was just like having a piece of coax there no impedance bump. Nowadays all the guys who have copied the puck design have changed them to what ever suits there needs. Does a mount have to be 50 ohms, certainly not but it is nice if it is.

Thats not really what they call a puck mount what you have there, but the puck mount like the one posted were originally made by Davemade for high power keydowns applications. His were 50 ohms and was just like having a piece of coax there no impedance bump. Nowadays all the guys who have copied the puck design have changed them to what ever suits there needs. Does a mount have to be 50 ohms, certainly not but it is nice if it is.
Right you are. That one shown is MFJ's "Gumdrop" mount. My intention was to show the license plate mount, not the gumdrop. Not sure of it's impedance. Lot's of people make 50 ohm pucks today, including Breedlove, Fatboy, Gunny-Pucks, and others.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.