• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nitro Knobs

silverstreak

Jul 23, 2006
I see Stryker is selling them now but the price is crazy.Anybody find something else that works to light up the knob?

I don’t see a price on those, it’s not showing up yet at any of my wholesalers but the EKL knobs do.

You’d really be surprised though, if you’re basing your post on Bell’s price for these, it’s not that much higher than wholesale (speaking of the EKL pieces). These aren’t a big mark-up item. You’d actually be surprised, a lot of what you buy isn’t marked up terribly high. It’s hard to turn a profit in the CB business on the retail side.

I will call tomorrow and find out who has them and what my cost is.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
hey porkchop I have a galaxy 959 that I bought from couchpotato when he moved to Texas and he had the nitro knobs installed on it. that thing is way to bright for me at night. I have never been a big fan of those lighted knobs since it is so bright at night like you said. a driver wanted to buy it from me when he saw it one day while working on his radio. couch sold it to me for 60.00 as it was and could have turned a good profit for it but kept it since it is the 1st 959 I had ever owned for my own radio.
to me those lights are just too bright at night for me.
I hgave not seen couch on any of the forums now for about 2 years. hopa he is doing fine. I remember he said his mom was ill is one of the reasons he moved in with her.
I bought his scope also when he came through Oklahoma moving to Texas.
he was a moderator on another forum and he just dropped out of sight when he moved to Teaxas. I know he and his Ex split up at the same time and he was feeling very down about that.

Yeah I remember him and I remember him telling me something about all that going on too. I wondered what happened to him. I hope he’s doing good too, hope all is well for him.

I looked again and found the Stryker ones at one place, Bells price is pretty good actually. By the time shipping is paid on them and you put a little profit on them, their price is right on point. And I can’t say what the wholesale is on them, I don’t feel right doing that but let me assure you... that price ain’t turning no huge profit.

You could always copy the dimmer from a Magnum. The light ring I like, the clear knob is what I’m not down with. I guess if you can stick that ring behind the stock chrome knob and still get some backlight effect then that’d be cool.

Well, a long time ago in the cab of a truck far, far away...

Before there were blue lights in radios, I wanted a blue display because I was tired of red. So the hunt began to find the fix for that and where I was at, I was the first with blue. Now everything goes in blue. And blue is awful on your eyes in the dark.

Red is much better for nighttime. But a dimmer would help with the blue if you drive at night. I like the backlighting effect but the knobs just aren’t cutting it for me.

Reactions: sunbulls
Thanks for the reply.I like to use the stock knob and just use the ring to make a little back light.I couldnt find them on A1s or Ramkos Site

No, they don’t have them listed but Ramko does have the EKL ones, probably the Stryker ones soon too.

CB Distributing has them however.

Well, couldn't they get painted and leave a small tiny fraction of the entire knob "transparent" to let that lite thru - you would do it to the knobs entire cover and only leave a small sliver for lite to leave a"ring" to identify, or you could paint the entire knob but leave the shaft and the index notch open - to hi-lite the position.

a

Yes I think that would work. You can coat plastic in chrome/copper/nickel or whatever, it’s just a process that takes time. I like chrome. There is also a process called cerakote, that’s an option I’ve thought about too.

You can’t powder coat plastic to my knowledge or I’d already be into that. There’s an option to fix this clear knob issue, I’ll figure something out I guess.

Backlit faceplates are nice while they work, we all know the rest of that story. And a light glow behind the knobs would be kinda cool too, more to some than others. I just can’t get with the knobs looking like the radio is on fire.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.