• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NIUE ISLAND 272div DXpedition on 11m

Philpoh

Mar 26, 2012
Ohio
272AT/DX from NIUE ISLAND active.

DXman told me about this dxpedition, and heard today 3pm on .590.
Signal into Ohio was 4/2, good pileup for couple hours.

Philip

Good going Philip.

There is also another from the Pacific coming up in Nov - it will be 130 (Norfolk Island) dates as of now are 10th to 17th.

I have been monitoring for a few days now. Not hearing him but many trying. I had a 5 minute window today that he was able to just get above the noise floor. I called out and got a 5x3 RST with my Cobra 2000. Woo-Hoo!

Oh ... I also got 201, Tahiti the day before.

Last edited:
This is their card from 2001 when I worked them.

ofhm.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
they were 5/7 into texas yesterday and today....worked him yesterday and the band fell out......was not able to hear in the log!!
worked him again today....in the log!! new one

yesterday the band was wild.....worked Greenland about 600PM :D 38/47dx101 he and I decided it was back scatter off the northern lights. his beam heading was over the pole? told me the northern lights were very strong? at the time?
worked a 197 maritime mobile off the port city of Luganville, Vanuatu in route to Australia....he was working several stateside areas....I love mobile to mobile contacts.

38/47DX101 got him also, have heard him for the past week now. 5/9

Also 272AT/DX Tim was up in signal 5/7 yesterday.

Had Doc appointment today so I got on early, heard Europe coming in - conditions look to be up.

Love to get into 172div, thanks for the heads up Ghutch.

Philip

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.