• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No name amps ???

Jan 24, 2020
Central Tx
I was going through storage and found 2 of my Noname amps I purchased 10 to 12 years ago maybe longer.. Both have little signs of use one is brown and is labeled 4lb with 4x2879 the other is a whitish cream color labeled 5lb with 1-2290 x 4-2879 with receive amp . My question is after sitting idle for so long are they good to go or would it be best to re-cap them? Included is pic a of the 4lb which is the only one I opened to look at and it looks untouched.20200301_120251_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20200301_120235_HDR.jpg
    20200301_120235_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Hang on to those, they were well made and have Toshiba finals. They were built by Stickman (chris) who passed away 3 years ago.
Looks like they get wrapped back up and put back in the closet. Ive been running my fatboy black lable straight 6 for many moons now. The Toshiba transistor is very expensive now I recently found out when the fatboy stayed latched up and turned the smoke loose. Thanks for your reply

I was going through storage and found 2 of my Noname amps I purchased 10 to 12 years ago maybe longer.. Both have little signs of use one is brown and is labeled 4lb with 4x2879 the other is a whitish cream color labeled 5lb with 1-2290 x 4-2879 with receive amp . My question is after sitting idle for so long are they good to go or would it be best to re-cap them? Included is pic a of the 4lb which is the only one I opened to look at and it looks untouched.View attachment 36911

Id be interested in the 4 peel if you ever decide to part with it. Stickman was a great builder. Very much missed. It would have a very good home here.

Id be interested in the 4 peel if you ever decide to part with it. Stickman was a great builder. Very much missed. It would have a very good home here.
Fair and reasonable offers will be considered. I'm not in a position that I have to sell so I'm not hard up for cash it cost nothing for them to sit on a shelf . If someone has a decent offer please feel free to inbox me I will certainly consider parting with both amps for the right price or trade.

Reactions: Tokin
You should definitely run those boxes for awhile every now and then. Electronics dont like to sit unused for long periods of time. They are like cars, they can sit but when you finaly fire it up that once in a blue moon, bang, problems

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.