• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No Name President Grant (EXPORT)

CharlesS

Apr 2, 2011
Recently purchased this radio from a Ham Radio operator. The radio came with two Super Star microphones, mounting bracket and Owners manual.
Brought the radio to Chris at The Radio Shop who inspected the radio and tested the audio. On a Bird meter the TX was 25W AM and 35W SSB.
The case has a few minor scuffs, all the print around the knobs are intact and the RX/TX is 26.515 to 27.855.

I will post pictures later tonight.

Since I don't need another radio collecting dust in my closet; any idea what would this radio be worth ?

Here is a picture of the radio.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely a European version since it has FM mode.

its one of the early export grants, lacking a kc shift but good radios nonetheless. power seems a bit high at 35w SSB, should only be 20w SSB and about 10w AM, radio uses twin 2sc2312's which in a single final radio are generally run at 4w AM 12W SSB, so in this radfio about double that is ideal. price here second hand in the uk in good condition would be around 80-100 pounds.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.