• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

No Transmit/Recieve

bigwheel82

Feb 24, 2011
North East Corner
Buddy of mine just picked up a Uniden PC 122XL. Plugs it in, has power, shows channel indicator, typical 11 mtr static, but does not transmit or recieve with a new Galaxy mic plugged in. Been looking online, searched through this website, so now I'm asking anyone out there if they'd know where to start, or what to look for.

These radios are famous for having bad solder joints.Turn the radio on with some kind of antenna hooked up and start pressing lightly around on the pc board(solder side).When you hit the area that has the bad joint it should kick in.Re-solder the joints in this area.

It's deffinately not in PA mode, I personally checked all the switches myself. Had a cousin that borrowed a radio of mine, come home one day and he tells me that my radio quit working...:censored: went out to his truck and the first thing I checked was the PA which was engaged.(y) My buddy <chosenbc> is currently going through the painstaking process of checking voltages around the board. He got some poiints from others on the forum to check. Check out his post ==> http://www.worldwidedx.com/tech-repair/120837-uniden-pc122xl.html Thanks guys! (y)

g day mate from australia. there are 2 x transitors near the front of the radio. from memory 2SB525 (?) , they are your switching transistors. replace them as they can't handle excissive current.
good luck and cheers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.