• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Noise ?? for DTB..or anyone else

Nomad

Sep 16, 2005
Western Illinois
Excess noise in trucks with electric/electronic fuel injectors: Purchse Radio Shack part number 273-105, and put one on each injector wire, both hot and ground. This trick will also work with many other noise sources in the vehicle, such as blower motors, wiper motors, etc. Examples of this type of injector noise problem occur very often in trucks with the M11/M14 Cummins motors.

I have a Magnum Omega that gets that whine through it on both RX and TX,(not antenna related). I have bought 2 of those clips but put them on the power led to the radio with no success. In all the reading I have done, this is the first time I've seen that fix (putting them on the injector wires or whatever else). I drive a truck with the Cummins M11. Wondering if anyone has tried that with any success?? Also wondering,that should work on a car with electric fuel pump?? Just not sure an inline filter would kill the TX noise.
Thanks

Your whine is coming in through the power leads of the radio. Radio shack sells a DC line inline filter that you can try. It might help. You put it as close the radio as you can get it. For the fuel pump, you can try a .01uf cap across the power leads at the pump. That's another one of those "might work" type of deals, too.

I agree with Moleculo. I'd look for ground loops, as well as put a good filter in the power leads. If you've run extra grounds from the chassis of the radio, you may have caused your own problem, depending on where you ran them to. In some cases, the extra grounds can be ok, but you need to be careful.

As for filter recommendations, I like the MTI Brand, if you can find any. They stopped making them some time ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.