• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not CBs......

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Here is my car system. Its the small one i have in my car at this time. Still trying to get the 3000watter in. This ones 1600watts and does an ok job. Looking to upgrade to an Alpine cd player. Anyone have one id be willing to trade with a lil cash?
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0407.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg

if i might make a suggestion as to the orientation of your speaker box; you would experience better bass in the car, and less trunk rattle if you added 2" legs to the speaker side of the box, plugged those port holes, turned the box 90* so that the speakers are firing down, and cut 2 port holes facing into the passenger compartment.

also, are those ports tuned for those speakers in that box?
they look to be of too small of a diameter to me.
my guess is that they should be about 4" in diameter.
there are calculators online that should be able to give you the correct port dimensions for that size box with those speakers.

oh yeah, do you have the speakers isolated from eachother by a baffle inside the box?
each driver should have its own separate enclosure, and with the location of the ports, i cant see how you would have done that?
so, to make it work the best it can, you need to separate your big box into two smaller boxes in one enclosure.
make sense?
cool.
try it, you'll like it!!!
loosecannon
(not just a CB geek!)

Good info there loosecannon! Not just a Cb geek myself, stereos was my thing back before I got into radio. We had some fun back in those days building speakers,boxes,crossover networks ect. Cant help but say though as I feel as I may one of the few people who know what a good stereo system should sound like, not just thump thump thump but thats just me. Anyway 197 nice setup!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.