• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not that anyone wanted to know.....

Yeah yeah........

I should have ordered the piece parts first....measured everything... THEN ordered the Hammond box.

The one I ordered is too shallow. The backing nut on the SO-239s ....from flat to flat...is the exact same as the inside depth of the box.

Read that as..... I wouldn't be able to spin the nut to tighten it.

Ba-dump-DUMP.

1590Bs on order......

DOH.......

Yeah yeah........

I should have ordered the piece parts first....measured everything... THEN ordered the Hammond box.

The one I ordered is too shallow. The backing nut on the SO-239s ....from flat to flat...is the exact same as the inside depth of the box.

Read that as..... I wouldn't be able to spin the nut to tighten it.

Ba-dump-DUMP.

1590Bs on order......

DOH.......

Then spin the SO-239 connector instead. Protect the threads so you don't ruin them. I have had to do that before.

Reactions: Dmans
That's a good idea.... but looking at this case, I don't think the bottom would attach right. The bottom has this little ridge that has to fit up inside the entire inner edge of the box. With that nut jammed right to the bottom...I don't think it would seat all the way.

I'll keep the boxes.....and new ones should be here tomorrow....or it may be Thursday....I think I got the order in too late....

Then spin the SO-239 connector instead. Protect the threads so you don't ruin them. I have had to do that before.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.