• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

not too bad for an 18 year old....

southerntrucker

rebel child
Jan 29, 2012
texas, the good ole south
not too bad for an 18 year old....pics

Well I got board last night and I. Looked up on my shelf and saw my two desk mics. A powered stock cobra desk mic and a tug8 D-104. Well iv been lookin for an amplified D-104 for a whole now so I thoght to myself..... I wonder if I could take the amp andstuff out of the cobra mic and put it in the D-104 and it actually work. Well, that's exactly what I did. I took the amp switch and battery form the cobra and put it in the D-104. It took me awhile of trial and error but I finally got er workin. I'm runnin it on my magnum S-6 and everyone says its loud and clear with hardly any background noise. I was pretty proud of myself. This may not seem like much to a lot of people but I thought it was pretty neat. :)

Last edited:

Well I got board last night and I. Looked up on my shelf and saw my two desk mics. A powered stock cobra desk mic and a tug8 D-104. Well iv been lookin for an amplified D-104 for a whole now so I thoght to myself..... I wonder if I could take the amp andstuff out of the cobra mic and put it in the D-104 and it actually work. Well, that's exactly what I did. I took the amp switch and battery form the cobra and put it in the D-104. It took me awhile of trial and error but I finally got er workin. I'm runnin it on my magnum S-6 and everyone says its loud and clear with hardly any background noise. I was pretty proud of myself. This may not seem like much to a lot of people but I thought it was pretty neat. :)

Nope, not bad at all. Congraz :)

Good job! Playing with car stereo stuff is what got me playing with cb radios. Trial and error isn't bad but trial and success is great!

thanks for the positive feedback guys. :) makes me feel better about my work and what im capiable of doing. who knows. maybe ill turn out to be a pretty good cb tech some day. and i like expieramenting to see what all i can do. lol but the sad part is it took me 4 hours just to do this. but as good at everyone says she sounds, i beleive she was well worth it.

Ill try. All I got is my phone. I don't have a computer. But ill try and see if I can't figure it out. And thanks man. :)

Ok. Here is what I'm runnin. I'm currently tallkin on a magnum s-6 my dad is lettin me use since he dosent drive a truck anymore. I'm talkin on my doutherntrucker D-104 special. And I'm using an imax 2000 ground plane. The radio below is a cobra 139xlr I traded for an old midland base. She didn't work when I got er but thanks to the guys here on this fourm she's back alive and well again. Everyone says she sounds loud and clear. So ima happy camper.

IMG_20120208_162900.jpg

Here are some pics of my work that I did. First off the pics of the cobra desk mic. Thses are pics after I done took the amp out

IMG_20120208_163028.jpg

IMG_20120208_163310.jpg

IMG_20120208_163616.jpg

And here are the pics of the D-104. I'm gonna put the knb on top eventually I just can't find the drill right now. And yes as you would have guessed, the amp is the thing covered in the foam wrapping

IMG_20120208_162844.jpg

IMG_20120208_164233.jpg

IMG_20120208_164111.jpg

IMG_20120208_163028.jpg
IMG_20120208_164233.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.