• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Novice License

505NJ

What freq are u allowed to use voice on? I think its 222mhz, and 2cm. but there seems to be alot of restrictions from the fcc on exactly what freq u r to use as a novice. thanks for the help.

Novice license phone opr.

Novices can operate on 10mtr ssb from 28.300Mhz to 28.500Mhz with 200 watts pep and on 222 Mhz FM

DE-K8PG-Paul CW LIVES :usa

is 505nj actually asking about the OLD novice class, or does he mean he's interested in getting a current, entry-level license? that would be a technician(no code required), that would give give privileges to 6 meters & above-50 mHz & up. by the way, plenty of DX on 6 meters, some on 2 meters, 220 & 440 could see some long distances as well.........

Davegranstr, you are correct I was refering to the no code tech license. I have been looking at so many web sites trying to figure out exactly what freq and what you can actually do on each freq I got my wording wrong. This ameture license thing is a bit confussing. well thanks for the correct info. I just need to find a test in my area and study. Why does the fcc just not have the no code tech online if there is no morse code????

Because the code requirement is STILL valid. It could be a year before it is abolished in the US as FCC has said it is in no hurry to deal with that issue. For those who wish the no-code Tech ticket. There ARE practice tests online at several Amateur websites. IF you are speaking of having the actual test online with no supervision, it is because they don't WANT to have such a test (and I don't either-- along with a lot of other hams) ;) ! IOW, they actually want you to KNOW something about the material! :D

CWM

well i think i have decided to put the test off for a bit and save money for a radio first. Man amateur radio hobby is a bit expensive.

73s.....

C W Morse, how long have u been retired form the railroad???

I am with conrail in nj.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.