• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

npc for 3600 boards

br549err

Apr 3, 2008
I'm looking to violate my galaxy 99 with a full NPC + volted finals mod. I have personally heard one that's had these mods done to it and it sounded awesome with the same mic that I have (rk56).

I have two sources for the NPC + volted finals mods... Both of them entail the addition of a 100ohm resistor and a 1n4001 diode at C183 as well as volting the finals. However - one of the sources says to remove R249 and one says to remove T53 (they both insist that T32 should remain, or be replaced if missing).

Which is ideal? I assume one is just going to affect the AMC and one will affect AM+SSB audio?

--

When I got this 99V I found the following mods:

R249 removed
T32 removed
T53 removed
L3 stretched

I got a watergate of AM audio, it sounds "ok" but nowhere near as good as a well tuned 99v can sound like - but surprisingly not distorted or muffled. Right now the am carrier is about 4 watts on low power.

My plan is to replace R249, T32 and perform the above mod. This sound ok?

Last edited:

Keep TR32 intact (C945 transistor)
Remove R249 and R228
With the knobs facing you, radio upside down, locate R238 which is located to the left of the audio transformer. Lift the right leg off the board and install a 1n4001 diode (cathode side down, facing the board) and then solder the resistor to the other end of the 1n4001. This will increase audio AND power swing regardless of the deadkey. Change C195 cap (next to the P.A. Jack,behind the audio transformer) to a 16v or 25v (1200 to 4700 uF) larger the better(space is limited) C194 can be changed to a 16v 4700 uF cap also (located just to the right of the audio chip) You will see insane audio and power output. Be sure to retune L42,L44 and L18 for peak power. VR11 and VR20 may need to be retuned for best peak readings. (final driver bias etc) good luck

Removing TR53 isnt necessary once R249 and R228 is removed.R228 may not be necessary on the 99 but works great on the 77.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.